- 8 hours ago 3535 likes 969 sharesFor years, the Republican-controlled Congress has done nothing to help the 55 million Americans who don’t have an employer-provided retirement plan save for their retirement. Because of this federal inaction, 7 states have passed legislation to provide retirement accounts to their constituents and 23 others are considering proposals.
But now Republicans in Congress are considering a resolution that would halt these state efforts, stripping coverage from the 15 million Americans that would likely benefit from the programs in these 7 states. Congress should step aside and let the hardworking Governors and State Treasurers continue their important efforts to solve our retirement crisis.
- 11 hours ago 3671 likes 325 sharesInteresting development...
- 11 hours ago 1394 likes 504 sharesThe U.S. ship was forced to man its weapons.
- 11 hours ago 1788 likes 312 sharesWhoa...
- 11 hours ago 1131 likes 391 sharesOlbermann sees the writing on the wall, and it spells trouble ahead for Trump...
- 10 hours ago 271 likes 282 sharesHeadline: “Al Gore’s New Group Demands $15 Trillion To Fight Global Warming.”
I’m gonna say…”No.”
- 10 hours ago 301 likes 413 sharesBREAKING:
While Ivanka put on a show in Germany, Trump's actions just spoke volumes.
- 6 hours ago 620 likes 50 sharesNeed a podcast for your Friday? Try the OppCast from OpportunityLives. I spoke with them about successful anti-poverty efforts in our communities.
- 10 hours ago 825 likes 251 sharesThis is exactly what we mean when we talk about oligarchy. Multi billionaires and corporations should not have the power to pick and choose who is in charge of our federal agencies. But that is exactly what happened—Koch Industries spent millions on lobbying Congress to confirm Scott Pruitt, our head of the Environmental Protection Agency who doesn’t believe in environmental protection. It's clear that Trump doesn't represent working families. His agenda benefits the Koch brothers and their billionaire frieds. Our job is to stand together to defeat the drift toward oligarchy and create a vibrant democracy—not one controlled by corporate interests.