Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
I still prefer taxing consumption rather than productivity. It just seems so unAmerican to tax productivity.
We do need to tax the poor so they have stake in government spending. We have this problem of 75% of the population voting to increase the taxes on 25% all people incomes need to have a stake in tax rates.
I write this letter as a concerned citizen and an honorably discharged Viet Nam era Veteran. Like many before me, I wrote “The Blank Check”- thankfully not cashed, yet many, many were not so fortunate. I too took the same Oath as you career politicians, the one Congress often ignores by intent or/action(s). Year after year the results are sadly worsening – a runaway, often corrupted, bloated and inept Federal Government paying but ‘lip service’ to OUR Constitution. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators; thus, current members shall serve their term(s) in full accord with these Founding Visions. Upon leaving Congress - go home and go to work.
Below are 8 Suggestions that would ensure a sovereign America and support OUR duly elected President. I respectfully submit and suggest the following:
The Congressional Reform Act that will “Drain the Swamp”
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and shall receive no pay when they are out of office for any reason.
2. Congress (past, present, & future) shall participate in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund shall be immediately moved to the Social Security fund. All future Congressional funds shall flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. These funds shall not be used for any other purpose!
3. Congress shall purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress shall no longer vote either House any pay increase. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3% starting from 50% of current salaries. No exceptions shall be allowed.
5. All Congressional members/staff shall lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as legislated for the American people.
6. Congress shall equally abide by all laws they enact on the American people. There shall be no exceptions. Furthermore, all former Congressional servants/personnel shall not partake in any form of ‘Lobbying’ or serve any in any form of ‘Lobbyist’ directly, or indirectly for a period of 15 years.
7. Congress shall be required to produce and balance all federal budgets that shall not exceed each Presidential term.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women shall become null and void effective immediately upon enactment of these proposed amendments. The American people did not make these contracts with Congressional personnel/elected servants. All future violation of these Amendments shall be considered an act against the United States of America and treated as such. No immunity can be granted for any of these violations resulting in a conviction.
WE THE PEOPLE have a constitutional option - “The Convention of the States! Admittedly challenging! You see, Congress makes the Laws for the people. WE THE PEOPLE (the people who elected you folks) are required to abide by the Laws of OUR Nation: the same Laws often ‘legislated’ or ignored by Congress without penalty, or prosecution of any kind.
So as YOUR constituent I would like to know your thoughts on the aforementioned?
Tell that to Houston's mayor, who wants to increase property taxes 9% to pay for Harvey. He says it is temporary, but we know how that one works!
McConnell is never going to even bring this up for vote because he wants Trump to fail. He and Ryan are nothing but liberals with a R after their names.
Flat tax, regardless of rate keeps the IRS in business and in control. Americans will not get relief until the 16th Amendment is repealed and H.R. 25, the FairTax enacted.
No IRS. That's tax reform. Repeal 16th and enact a tax on everyone without any compliance falling on the general consumer. In fact the legislation is already written and just needs your support. FairTax ... No more income tax!
And sometimes the poor pay nothing Donna Lynn Nelson. But its never fair to some people..mainly the libs. Who creates jobs? Im not against helping the working poor but if you're havng babies at taxpayers expense, staying home and not having the sperm donor paying a dime towards that child, then i do have a problem. Everyone it seems these days are disabled and draining our Medicare funds!! Please don't get me started.!!!
And cut the size of the federal government. Do away with EPA, DOE, IRS. Cut the size of Congressional offices. Start with a 10% reduction in staff every year until the budget balances and our debt goes away. Take the extra money and pay off the debt instead of spending willy-nilly. Act like you are running your own home and have run out of credit card limits.
We need a Flat Tax:1) Constitutional Amendment abolishing the 16th Amendment.2) Constitutional Amendment making it illegal to tax greater than 20%3) Tax rate of 20% to be collected when money is spent.4) Receipts to charitable institutions may be submitted for up to a 10% refund (If you give, your effective maximum tax rate is 10%).
Do this and you'll see business boom greater than WWII. Everyone will get rich.
Also, due to the Laffer curve, the government will be making money hand over fist. Not to mention getting rid of the $1 Trillion we spend a year maintaining the tax code and running the IRS
... oh, did I mention that with a tax rate that low, EVERY COMPANY IN THE WORLD will want to move here. There are your jobs
The real beauty of this is that it eliminates governmental entities playing games with the Tax Code to benefit their buddies, and penalize their opponents.
Taxation should NEVER be subjected to political suasion.