Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Too many fools are in Congress and the federal bureaucracy. If common sense were present, we would use one of the world's most sought after tresures (American citizenship) to bring in ONLY the world"s best. Congress lacks any and all COMMON SENSE!!! Fools! They need to FIX our immigration system, THEN ENFORCE IT!!!
They bring their socialist bs with them and try to change our country into the exact thing they are running from
I am an immigrant post WWII. We could only come with a sponsor to help find work and teach us the language, the culture, how to drive and negotiate the American systems....no welfare! We all became good citizens. My brother and cousins served during the time of the Viet Nam war and my brother served 20 years in the Air Force. We took an oath of allegiance to our new found country. This is what I want of subsequent immigrants. I want RAISE! The country needs RAISE! We need worthy and dedicated citizens who want to be Americans not just leeches!
O yes I'm for almost 30 years in US working hard maintained to rase child educate make sure will be productive citizen of this country thought love to American flag National anthem and respect people who sacrificed their live to make sure we could live in free America don't speak in general point at does who are milking this country and it's citizens
If their way of life is so good why did they come here I have no respect for people who won't fight for their own country who don't stand up against tyranny but run away ,
I hope our President Trump puts the hammer down on this problem. No deals just take care of the problem
Justine is right they had to have sponsors and the government gave small business loans to help. Now is the time to stop giving low or free interest loans to illegals
So many places closer to them to go but they come to the other side of the planet to destroy us just like they are destroying Europe. And Ruth Hollern Conway you are right, they are disgusting and evil and I do not care what anyone thinks of me for saying that. No one can take up or have compassion for people who are so un civilized. Get out and stay out
Land of the Free stuff and Home of the Depraved is the way we are viewed.
RAISE BILL, 2017---HOW IT WOULD CHANGE IMMIGRATION
The RAISE bill is a serious effort at immigration reform.It would fundamentally change immigration into the USA.Here are the major changes proposed:
1. END CHAIN-MIGRATIONExisting immigration laws and practicesfavor admitting immigrants who have family connections.This bill would limit the 'family' to spouse and minor children.
2. END GREEN-CARD LOTTERYPresent law gives out 50,000 green cards at randomto applicants from countries under-represented in the USA.
3. END COUNTRY CAPSPresent law sets limits for immigrants from each country.These were arbitrary and often far too low for large countries.Such limits are reached almost immediately for some countrieswhen a new year begins.This bill would eliminate all such country limits.
4. REFUGEES LIMITED TO 50,000 PER YEARRecently the limit has been 110,000 per year.Over 200,000 claims for asylum are under review.This bill would radically cut backon the number of permanent refugeesadmitted to America each year.
5. NEW GREEN CARDS REDUCED BY HALFThe number of peoplebecoming Lawful Permanent Residents each yearwould be reduced from the present 1 million per yearto 500,000 per year.
Most new green cards are issuedto foreign nationals who have been in the USA for some years.If the number of new Lawful Permanent Residentsis reduced to just 500,000 per year,this might mean the END to ALL immigrant visas.New immigrants would have to be admittedon non-immigrant visas for work or study.And later they would apply for green cards.This internal contradiction would have to be resolvedbefore any such new law could become effective.The rest of the bill does not presupposethat ALL new immigration from overseaswould come to an end.
6. EMPLOYER-SPONSORED GREEN CARDSWOULD BE REPLACED BY A POINT SYSTEMAt present 140,000 green cardsare issued each year to foreigners living abroadbased on job offers from American employers.But this system would be replaced bythe same number of visas issued each yearto immigrants selected by a new point system.
Each of the following factorsis assigned a certain number of points:AGE, EDUCATION, ENGLISH PROFICIENCY,JOB OFFER, AWARDS, & INVESTMENTS.
The spouse of the would-be immigrantis also given a number of pointsbased on these same factors.
The RAISE bill would have the over-all impactof REDUCING authorized immigrationand focusing on MERIT rather than FAMILY.Each of its provisions is worthy of careful discussion.
Details about the RAISE bill will be found here:https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/raise-act
Readers interested in the details of immigration reformmight want to read another (similar) proposal:"Ideal Immigrants: Criteria for Selecting New Americans":https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws-website-jamesleonardpark---freelibrary-3pux...