- 10 hours ago 10 likes 1 sharesThe new legislation addresses some of the biggest problems in the current Farm Bill while also taking animal welfare, health and the environment into account.
- 3 hours ago 4 likes 1 sharesMust-read from the New York Times: Republican defeat in Virginia and New Jersey “has the party’s governors worried that 2018 could be worse than feared.”
- 8 hours ago 7 likes 1 sharesTalking to children about their weight requires a thoughtful approach. Dr. Perri Klass discusses a new policy statement on how physicians and families can craft conversations to avoid stigmatizing youngsters while encouraging healthy habits.
- 6 hours ago 6 likes 1 sharesAt a town hall last Thursday, in a packed Johnson Center Cinema, George Mason University unveiled a draft of an updated version of the university’s strategic plan, including metrics, accomplishments and possible next steps that will help guide George Mason’s development over the next several years. Read More >> http://fal.cn/qVrB
- 10 hours ago 10 likes 1 sharesThe Iraqi central government, Turkey and Iran reacted swiftly to the Kurdish referendum in fear of losing grip on their own Kurdish minorities.
- 4 hours ago 3 likes 1 sharesReflecting on the powerful "Trace" exhibit by artist Ai Weiwei that I visited with Libby over the weekend, I was reminded of the outrageous treatment by China of its only Nobel Peace Prize laureate and its continued refusal to free poet Liu Xia, Liu’s wife. Of course, the Trump Administration has been largely silent in the face of this continuing injustice.