- 8 hours ago3:25 AM - 20 Nov 2017 TWEET: “Marshawn Lynch of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders stands for the Mexican Anthem and sits down to boos for our National Anthem. Great disrespect! Next time NFL should suspend him for remainder of season. Attendance and ratings way down.” If trump would listen to why they are protesting by not standing for US anthem he would know it is about racism in the US not Mexico. trump is not an NFL player (LOL), NFL owner or NFL anything. He should focus on HIS job and not try to do someone else’s job and/or run a business that is not his. Can’t he find something more important to do in his job than sticking his____ in the NFL’s business? He still has grudge against NFL for not letting him join.
- 6 hours ago 3 likesIt was a privilege to have two Kansans, Kansas Association of Wheat Growers Vice President Justin Knopf and Farmobile Co-Founder/CEO Jason Tatge, testify in front of my subcommittee regarding the future of tech in ag. Take a look at KMUW’s report on the hearing:
- 7 hours ago 7 likes 1 sharesFor CNN, Columbia’s Tow Center for Digital Journalism Director Emily Bell writes that, without greater transparency or regulation, even well-meaning efforts by dominant internet platforms like Facebook and Google to exercise editorial quality control over sources of news presents major risks to legitimate news organizations.
- 5 hours ago 4 likes 1 sharesA telling New York Daily News piece written by the nation's top Lincoln Scholar and the Jonathan F. Fanton Director of Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College, Harold Holzer, reveals the eloquent modesty embodied by President Lincoln 154 years ago when he delivered one of the most famous speeches in history at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Read more here:
- 2 hours ago 5 likesFor nearly two decades, HDS alumna Katherine Arthaud has used the skills, knowledge, and pastoral agility she developed at HDS to serve a small rural community in her home state of Vermont.
She never sees her name in the headlines of a national newspaper. She makes a modest living at best. But, like so many of her fellow HDS alumni/ae around the country, she helps facilitate the connection, compassion, and care that binds communities together and enables people to live meaningful lives.
- 9 hours ago 4 likes 1 sharesThe several hundred-million dollar Louvre Abu Dhabi museum just opened covered by a massive silver dome weighing as much as the Eiffel Tower but resting on just four pillars. The dome is made up of 8 separate layers of stainless steel and aluminum mesh and is considered to be French architect Jean Nouvel’s design masterpiece. Check out the stunning photos. http://ow.ly/n6mJ30gHciw
- 10 hours ago 8 likes 1 sharesWhat does the future of the Catholic Church look like?
Today's Hispanics are building foundation, writes Boston College School of Theology and Ministry Prof. Hosffman Ospino in America Magazine - The Jesuit Review.
- 3 hours ago 4 likes 3 sharesChristian Burk was the victim of a cruel attack in which another student cut off a chunk of her hair. The incident happened so fast Christian had barely registered what had happened to her...
- 9 hours ago 1 likes 2 sharesRead today’s The Wall Street Journal article on the #MakeItInAmerica #ListeningTour that House Democrats launched this weekend. Thus far, I’ve traveled to Las Vegas, Nevada with Congressman Ruben Kihuen and Kansas City, Missouri with Emanuel Cleaver II and Rep. Jimmy Panetta. Today, I’m in Peoria, Illinois with Rep. Cheri Bustos and Rep. Panetta for a listening session focused on education and closing the skills gap. http://on.wsj.com/2ixsq4y
- 10 hours ago 3 likes 2 shares"Hillel has definitely been a place that has helped me feel more welcome and more at peace, not just with my Judaism but with myself as a person." Columbia/Barnard Hillel #TransDayofRemembrance